I don't complain about my health, I feel good, but recently I started to experience aching pains in the lower back and legs. I turned to a doctor I know for advice, who works as a neurologist in the city hospital.
He made a diagnosis and found out that the pain sensations arise from inflammation of the nerve fibers in the sacral plexus. I underwent a short course of treatment at the end of which the doctor gave me tips that will help reduce pain in the sciatic nerve at home. I've compiled these tips into a handy memo and will now share them with You. May be someone will find this information useful. Thank you in advance, enjoy your reading!
Memo on reducing pain in the sciatic nerve
1. Before going to bed, the doctor advised me to do special baths for my feet. Pour a basin of warm water, add 0.4-0.6 liters of Apple cider vinegar (it helps to relieve inflammation). Hold your feet in the pelvis for no more than 10 minutes. The procedure can be repeated every other day.
2. with acute pain, cold compresses help. You can fill a plastic bottle with cold water (if possible, add ice) or a hot water bottle and attach it to the source of the problem. The compress should not be used for more than 15 minutes minutes.
3. Also do not forget to do special exercises that are aimed at stretching the muscles to relieve tension and pain. These stretches can be performed at home.
- Sit on the floor with your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight. Stretch your hands to your socks, slowly bending your back, but do not bend them. bending your knees. Hold the position for 15 seconds. Do five repetitions (see figure below).
- The second exercise is also not difficult and is performed sitting down. Bend your legs at the knees and spread them out in a torso, while bringing your feet together. Try to lower your knees as far as possible to the floor and fix the position for 5 seconds. Do 10 repetitions.
- Get down on all fours. Take one leg back and straighten it out. At the same time, extend the adjacent arm forward. Then change your position. It will be enough to perform the exercise 10 times on each leg.
4. Maintain proper posture throughout the day. Try not to hunch over and keep your back straight, as the uneven load on your back will cause you to lose weight. vertebrae, can complicate the situation and increase pain.
5. if possible, sleep on your back. This position helps minimize pressure on the sciatic nerve. If you prefer to sleep in a different position, then before going to bed, be sure to lie on the floor hard surface on the back (10-20 minutes).
Important: I would like to add that it is recommended to consult a specialist for diseases and pathologies. They will diagnose you and prescribe individual treatment.
I will be grateful for the "thumbs up". Thanks for Attention!
P.S. Recipe for a delicious dish that is useful after 50: "Normalize blood pressure and reduce blood viscosity" (link to the article).
Read on the channel:
🎯A neighbor at 83 looks better than I do at 60. I tell you, the recipe for the drink that she drinks
🎯 "You can't get sick with anything?» "I'm telling you why I shouldn't have gone to school." polyclinic during quarantine